If your Malaysian passport is about to expire, you should consider renewing it. Is this feasible in Singapore?
Yes, and IVC has successfully renewed over 10,000 Malaysian passports in Singapore. You are welcome to contact us or drop in for a free consultation.
Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
If you have the proper papers, renewing your Malaysian passport in Singapore should be straightforward. Follow the steps outlined below:
1. Make an appointment to renew your passport with the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore. The headquarters are in Johor1, a Malaysian state in the south near Singapore.
2. Fill out and return the passport renewal application form.
3. Provide any needed papers, including photographs (which will be covered in a moment).
4. Pay for your passport fees.
5. Be patient while your application is being processed.
6. Take your old passport to the Malaysian consulate and pick up your new one.
You may also renew your Malaysian passport online or complete part of the process without visiting a consulate or immigration office in Singapore.
You can use Malaysia's Immigration Department's online passport portal. Click here to visit the Malaysian High Commission.
After completing these processes, you must attend an immigration office to surrender your old documents and obtain your new passport.
Some people may be unable to renew their passports online. For example, if your passport is lost or destroyed, you must continue it in person.
Renewal of a Malaysian passport in Singapore is the same price, whether done online or in person.
If you renew your passport in person, you must pay the fee in Singapore dollars.
Online applications can be paid for using a debit card, a credit card, or Malaysia Bank Accounts internet banking.
Malaysian passports cannot be renewed online in Singapore using Singaporean bank accounts or credit cards.
To renew a Malaysian passport, regardless of the application method, the following documents are required:
The time it takes to receive a new passport depends on the manner of application.
When you renew your Malaysian passport online, you will be given a collection date and time on your submission receipt2.
One business day after submission, applications delivered in person at the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore will be collected.